Creamy, nutty, and tangy, this Lemon Herb Tahini is sure to be a new favorite! This naturally vegan recipe is so easy to make and with just a few simple ingredients. Keep it thick for a sauce or dilute it to make a vinaigrette. Yum!
This zesty Cava-inspired vinaigrette is perfect to add to your homemade condiment rotation. It’s fresh, citrusy and quite versatile.
All it takes is simple, nutritious ingredients and it’s ready in less than 5 minutes!
Sprinkle it on salads, sandwiches or cereal bowls. Or use it as a dip for your falafel, pita bread or vegetables.
Serve this naturally vegan sauce with Chickpea pancakes, Tofu Nuggets, Tofu and quinoa bowland on Roasted Tomato Sandwiches!
Reasons to love this recipe
- Vegan and gluten-free
- Quick and easy to make
- Just a few simple ingredients
Ingredients and Substitutions
- Tahini – Use any tahini for this Mediterranean sauce. If it is unsalted, add ¼ tsp.
- Lemon juice – Freshly squeezed lemon juice adds a refreshing citrus flavor.
- Herbs – Fresh parsley and cilantro leaves pack this sauce full of herb flavors.
- Hot water – A little lukewarm water is used to thin the tahini.
- Maple syrup – This natural sweetener provides a nice balance.
- Garlic powder – Perfect for a garlic and herb flavor. You can use fresh garlic if you prefer.
How to Make Homemade Lemon Herb Tahini
Here are some quick visual steps. Find the complete recipe with exact measurements on the recipe card below.
You can blend the lemon herb tahini in a blender, food processor, or chop the herbs and stir them manually by hand.
I find it easiest to just add everything to a food processor and blend until smooth and creamy.
Check to see if you want to add more seasoning and/or if you want to make it a little thinner with more water. Keep in mind that it will thicken over time.
This sauce will keep for 5 to 7 days in the refrigerator in an airtight container such as a Mason jar.
Ideas for recipe variations
- Up the herb factor with oregano.
- Add lemon zest for even more spice.
- Sprinkle with red pepper flakes or cayenne pepper for a spicy touch.
More Vegan Sauces
I hope you like this recipe! Please consider leaving a star rating and commenting below. You can receive my latest recipes straight to your inbox. Click here to sign up for my mailing list!
Lemon Herb Tahini
You can use this Lemon Herb Tahini Sauce/Dressing on a wide range of dishes because it is so irresistible. Whether you prefer it thick like a sauce or diluted like a vinaigrette, its creamy, nutty, and tangy flavors are sure to impress you. Plus, it’s child’s play to make!
- ½ cup tahini sauce
- 3 teaspoon lemon juice
- ¼ cup fresh coriander, packed up
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, packed up
- 2-3 teaspoon Hot water
- 2 teaspoon Maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
Add the parsley and cilantro leaves to a food processor or high-speed blender. Top them with all the other ingredients.
Blend in a blender or food processor until the sauce is smooth and creamy.
Taste it to see if you want to add more seasoning and check the consistency to see if you want to make it thinner with a little more water.
- You can mix it manually by finely chopping the herbs and whisking everything by hand.
- This tahini will thicken over time.
- Store it in an airtight container for 5 days in the refrigerator.
Portion: 2 tablespoon | Calories: 97kilocalories | Carbohydrates: 4.8g | Protein: 2.7g | Fat: 8.1g | Saturated fat: 1.2g | Sodium: 20mg | Potassium: 90mg | Fiber: 1.5g | Sugar: 1.3g | Calcium: 69mg | Iron: 2mg
Nutrition information is estimated and may vary depending on brands and measurements used.