Sharing is caring!
Last updated on November 4, 2021 by Toya
The BEST Keto Danish Butter Cookies – They’re easy, light and buttery! The perfect low carb cookies made with just 6 ingredients and 15 minutes of preparation!
Danish Butter Cookies are characterized by their buttery flavor and crunchy texture. If you’ve ever tried one, you already know why they’re so popular. Still, not all Danish cookies are keto-approved, especially store-bought ones.
So, is it possible to enjoy low-carb, Keto-friendly Danish cookies? The answer is yes, and with this easy Danish Butter Cookies recipe, I can show you how to make them both friendly and delicious.
Instead of using regular flour and sugar, which are not recommended when following a low-carb lifestyle, this recipe calls for fine almond flour and Swerve, plus a few minutes. Is it simple? Really, that’s all you have to do!
How many carbs are in Low Carb Danish Butter Cookies?
Danish cookies usually contain about 5 grams of carbohydrates per cookie. However, with a few low-carb adjustments, these keto Danish butter cookies only have 0.8 grams of net carbs per cookie.
Important Tips and Tricks
- Use almond flour for this recipe. If you use coconut flour, these cookies will be dry and break apart.
- Before baking the cookies, put them in the freezer for 10 minutes. This will ensure that the cookies have a very crispy finish.
- You can dip the cookies, or at least half of the cookie, in keto-friendly melted chocolate. If you choose to do this, you can use Lily’s chocolate chips.
- Make sure you beat the butter well. If there are lumps of butter, they will simply melt and the cookies will no longer be attractive.
- For cookies with more texture than shape, use a star-shaped tip.
- The trick with these cookies is to chill them before baking. Only refrigerated cookies will have this crispy finish.
Ingredients to make keto Danish cookies
You will only need 6 ingredients to make these cookies. This includes:
- 4 oz. softened butter
- ½ cup Swerve powder
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 ½ cups fine almond flour
How to Make Keto Danish Butter Cookies
To make these cookies, gather all your ingredients in one place.
Then, in a bowl, beat the butter and sweetener until pale.
Next, beat in the egg and vanilla until smooth, then fold in the almond flour and stir with a spatula.
Once everything is mixed well, it should look like this:
Once you have a smooth mixture, pour it into the piping bag and pPour the mixture onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
Then preheat the oven to 370F and pPlace the cookies in the freezer for 10 minutes.
Bake the cookies for 15 minutes or until golden brown around the edges.
How to store
Keto cookies should be stored in an airtight container or in the refrigerator for up to seven days. I do not recommend freezing these Danish Butter Cookies or Doughs.
What other cookies can you eat on the keto diet?
There are many keto-friendly cookies you can enjoy with a low-carb lifestyle, including:
4 oz. softened butter
½ cup Swerve powder
1 large egg
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1 pinch of salt
1 ½ cups fine almond flour
- To make these cookies, gather all your ingredients in one place.
- Then, in a bowl, beat the butter and sweetener until pale.
- Next, stir in the egg and vanilla until smooth, then stir in the almond flour and stir with a spatula.
- Once you have a smooth mixture, pour it into the piping bag and place the mixture on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Then preheat the oven to 370F and put the cookies in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Bake the cookies for 15 minutes or until golden brown around the edges.
Portion: 1 cookie
Amount per serving:
Calories: 113Total fat: 11.2gSaturated fat: 5.2gCholesterol: 34 mgSodium: 62 mgCarbohydrates: 1.5gNet Carbs: 0.8gFiber: 0.7gSugar: 0gProtein: 2g