Sharing is caring!
Last updated on July 29, 2023 by Toya
Delicious, made with just two ingredients, and ready in no time, these keto cheese chips are the perfect keto snack.
The chips are made with cheese and a little egg white and require no additional ingredients. Of course, you can spice them up any way you like, but since cheddar cheese has a naturally wonderful flavor, you won’t go wrong if you leave it as is.
These egg white chips are a perfect party snack and can be served as a crunchy addition to creamy soups, or just when you want to snack on something that won’t ruin your keto diet.
Tips for Making Low-Carb Cheese Crisps
- Since this is a very simple recipe, you can’t go wrong, but it is very important to grease your mini muffin pan with cooking spray/oil. This will make the removal process very easy.
- If you don’t have a muffin tin, you can use the mini muffin tins to make your cheese chips.
- Baked cheese chips taste amazing, but you can spice them up with smoked paprika or Italian herbs, or simply sprinkle with black pepper before serving.
Ingredients Used to Make Keto Cheese Chips
You only need three simple ingredients to make these cheesy chips. They understand:
- ½ cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 medium egg white
- 1 pinch of salt
How to Make Keto Cheese Chips
Gather your ingredients then preheat your oven to 400F.
Then beat the egg white with a pinch of salt until frothy.
Spray the mini muffin pan with cooking spray and distribute the egg white into the cavities.
FollowingPlace the egg whites with the cheddar and press down with the back of your spoon.
Cook the chips for 8 to 10 minutes or until crispy around the edges. You can also cook them a few minutes less if you want your cheese chips to be less crispy.
Keto Cheddar Chips FAQ
How many carbs are in cheese?
There are many kinds of cheese, so it’s hard to say exactly how many carbs they contain. However, in general, a serving of cheese contains less than 1 gram of carbohydrates.
What type of cheese can I use to make keto chips?
There are many different types of cheese that can be used for this recipe. So if you don’t want to use cheddar cheese, you can try asiago cheese, parmesan, Monterey jack cheese or whatever cheese you prefer for this recipe.
How many calories are in cheese crisps?
There are 122 calories in each serving of these cheese chips.
How many carbs are in keto cheese chips?
This is a low-carb keto snack and you can expect it to contain only 0.5 grams of carbs per serving.
More Keto Cheese Recipes
½ cup grated cheddar cheese
1 medium egg white
1 pinch of salt
- Gather your ingredients then preheat your oven to 400F.
- Then beat the egg white with a pinch of salt until frothy.
- Spray the mini muffin pan with cooking spray and distribute the egg white into the cavities.
- Next, top the egg whites with cheddar cheese and press down with the back of your spoon.
- Cook the chips for 8 to 10 minutes or until crispy around the edges. You can also cook them for a few minutes minus 6 if you want your cheese chips to be less crispy.
Portion: 6 tokens
Amount per serving:
Calories: 122Total fat: 9.4gSaturated fat: 6gCholesterol: 30mgSodium: 162 mgCarbohydrates: 0.5gFiber: 0gSugar: 0.3gProtein: 8.8g