Sharing is caring!
Last updated on August 30, 2022 by Toya
You have to try these keto cauliflower hash browns that are easy to make with 5 ingredients and taste amazing. You can’t go wrong with these keto hash browns with just 3.9 grams of net carbs.
Can I eat hash browns on keto?
You can’t eat potato hash browns on keto. However, if you make hash browns with low-carb vegetables like cauliflower, you can enjoy keto-friendly cauliflower hash browns.
Tips for Making Low-Carb Cauliflower Hash Browns
For the successful recipe, use a log of mozzarella. Don’t use mozzarella soaked in brine, as it contains more moisture. Also be sure to cook the cauliflower until it’s a little dry for best results. If the cauliflower rice is wet, your keto hash browns won’t be as crispy.
Ingredients to Make Keto Cauliflower Hash Browns
- 1 ½ cups cauliflower rice
- 1/3 cup grated mozzarella
- 1 small egg
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated parmesan
- 1 pinch of garlic powder
- Salt, to taste
How to Make Keto Cauliflower Hash Browns
To start, gather all your ingredients in one place.
Next, preheat the oven to 400F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Cook the cauliflower in a pan for 5 minutes, with a little oil or water.
Place the cauliflower in a bowl,Add mozzarella, egg, parmesan, garlic powder and salt. Stir until combined.
Divide into 4 and place each piece on the baking sheet. Press gently to flatten to ¼ inch thickness.
Bake the hash browns for 25 minutes or until the edges are crispy.
Serve these low carb hash browns hot.
How to Store Cauliflower Hash Browns
Store the hash browns in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3 days. If you want to freeze them, cover each with a piece of parchment paper and freeze them in an airtight container for 1 month.
What to serve with these hash browns
You can serve these keto hash browns with sour cream and chopped chives as a quick keto snack. You can also serve a full breakfast with any type of eggs, including scrambled eggs or poached eggs.
How to Make Cauliflower Hash Browns Crispy
The key to getting these keto cauliflower hash browns crispy is to cook the cauliflower until almost dried out before using. Also bake at 400F to ensure you have crispy edges.
Can they be made without eggs?
You can make them without eggs. The mozzarella cheese will hold everything in place, just melt the mozzarella before using.
Can cauliflower hash browns be made with frozen cauliflower rice?
You can use frozen cauliflower rice, just defrost it before using and cook it in a pan to dry.
Can these cauliflower hash browns be made in an air fryer?
Yes, you can make these hash browns using an air fryer. To make hash brown and air fryersimply mMake sure to spray the bottom of your air fryer with cooking oil spray. Place the hash browns and cook for 15 minutes or until golden brown. The texture of air-fryer cauliflower hash browns will be a little crispier than those prepared in the oven.
Other substitutes for keto hash browns
You can also try other root vegetables to make low-carb hash browns. Here are some effective keto potato substitutes you can use to make keto hash browns below:
- Keto Turnip Hash Browns – For turnip-based hash browns, simply substitute 2 cups of turnips for the cauliflower and save the rest of the ingredients and process. These keto turnip hash browns will contain 3.1 grams of net carbs per hash brown.
- Keto hash browns with radishes – To make shredded radish hash browns, simply replace the cauliflower with 2 cups shredded radishes.
More Keto Cauliflower Recipes
1 ½ cups cauliflower rice
1/3 cup grated mozzarella
1 small egg
1 tablespoon freshly grated parmesan
1 pinch of garlic powder
Salt, to taste
- To start, gather all your ingredients in one place.
- Next, preheat the oven to 400F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cook the cauliflower in a pan for 5 minutes, with a little oil or water.
- Place the cauliflower in a bowl, add the mozzarella, egg, parmesan, garlic powder and salt. Stir until combined.
- Divide into 4 and place each piece on the baking sheet. Press gently to flatten to ¼ inch thickness.
- Bake the hash browns for 25 minutes or until the edges are crispy.
Portion: 2 hash browns
Amount per serving:
Calories: 100Total fat: 5.5gSaturated fat: 2.7gCholesterol: 82 mgSodium: 482 mgCarbohydrates: 5.4gNet Carbs: 3.9gFiber: 1.5gSugar: 1.8gProtein: 7.9g