Sharing is caring!
Last updated on November 22, 2022 by Toya
There’s nothing like these crispy cauliflower buffalo wings. These make an easy low carb keto cauliflower wings recipe ready in 30 minutes! Only 3.8g net carbs per serving.
Cauliflower Buffalo Wings
These keto cauliflower wings, like these others low carb cauliflower recipes, take bland cauliflower to another level. Crispy on the outside and tender on the inside with a nice kick from the buffalo saucethese cauliflower bites, like our others keto green bean side dish it’s the perfect side for almost any occasion.
These low-carb buffalo cauliflower wings are made with a keto-friendly breading that takes this recipe up a notch by giving the cauliflower wings an authentic buffalo wing texture that is amazing!
I can guarantee you will be making these buffalo cauliflower bites again and again! And the best part is, your family will love them too!
Cauliflower Buffalo Wings FAQ
Is cauliflower good for keto?
Yes, cauliflower is good on keto. It is a low-carb vegetable that is used in many keto recipes. There are 13 grams of total carbs and 5.3 grams of fiber in 1 small head of cauliflower.
Can we prepare them in advance?
These vegan cauliflower wing bites taste much better when eaten immediately after they’re cooked, so I suggest making them as close to serving time as possible. However, if you need to prepare them in advance, the best thing to do is to bread the wings in advance and then bake or air fry them right before being ready to serve vegan cauliflower wings.
How many carbs are in cauliflower wings
Typically, cauliflower wings contain around 20 grams of carbs. In this particular keto baked cauliflower recipe, the keto cauliflower wings contain 7 grams of total carbs.
Why are my cauliflower wings soggy?
Usually, when cauliflower wings are soggy, it’s also because a lot of sauce was added to the wings and they were not cooked after the sauce was added so they could get crispy. If your cauliflower wings are soggy, this can be easily fixed by placing them back in the oven for 10 to 15 minutes so they get crispy.
Best Tips for Making Crispy Cauliflower Wings
- Cut your cauliflower pieces into smaller and larger pieces depending on your desired result. Smaller pieces of cauliflower will result in crispier wings, while larger pieces of cauliflower will result in more tender cauliflower wings.
- Use fine almond flour to coat the cauliflower. Again, having a good keto breading is an important step in getting your wings perfectly crispy.
- In this recipe, double coating the buffalo cauliflower bites adds to the crunch of the faux-cauliflower chicken wings.
Ingredients to Make Low Carb Cauliflower Wings
- ½ cup fine almond flour
- 1 small head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder or alternative
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 small egg
- ¼ cup Franks Red Hot Sauce
- 2 tablespoons of butter
How to Make Cauliflower Buffalo Wings
To get started, gather all the ingredients for the buffalo cauliflower recipe in one place and preheat the oven to 350F.
Then, in a bowl, mix together the almond flour, garlic, salt, and pepper to make a keto breading.
Coat the cauliflower with almond flour breading. It won’t stick too much but do it.
Next, beat the egg and dip the breaded cauliflower into the egg.
Coat with the almond flour breading again.
Place on a baking sheet and bake the breaded cauliflower bites for 25-30 minutes.
Prepare the buffalo sauce:
Mix hot sauce and butter and simmer until butter is melted.
Once cooked, you should have a creamy sauce that looks like this:
Pour the homemade Buffalo sauce over the cauliflower bites and toss to coat.
Return the coated cauliflower wings to the baking sheet and bake for an additional 10 minutes or until crisp.
Serve these buffalo cauliflower wings hot with a dipping sauce of your choice.
Can these keto cauliflower wings be air fried?
You can prepare the cauliflower bites in an air fryer. Follow these steps:
- Prepare the cauliflower florets according to the recipe instructions above. Next, place the cauliflower bites in an air fryer. Do this in batches so that the air fryer is not crowded as this will affect the crispiness of the air fryer cauliflower wings. Air fry the cauliflower for 15 minutes. Stop and shake several times during the cooking process. If you want super crispy cauliflower wings, air fry them for an additional 2 minutes.
Storing, Freezing, and Reheating Keto Buffalo Cauliflower Wings
I recommend eating them right after they are cooked, however, you can also save them if you need to. Once you’ve made your vegan cauliflower wings, here’s how you can store them:
- Refrigerator: Place the cauliflower in an air container and store in the refrigerator for 3 days.
- Freezer: To freeze, place the buffalo cauliflower wings on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Make sure they don’t touch each other. Once frozen, transfer to an airtight container. Store for up to 3 months.
- To reheat: Place frozen buffalo wings on a baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes at 375F.
What sides go with cauliflower buffalo wings?
Serve your cauliflower buffalo wings with dip, celery sticks, or even a fresh keto salad. If you have any leftovers, you can use them in tacos.
Like these Spicy Buffalo Chicken Wings and Creamy Buffalo Chicken Dip, these Cauliflower Wings are truly amazing and you’ll love making them again and again!
More Keto Cauliflower Recipes
½ cup fine almond flour
1 small head of cauliflower, cut into florets
½ teaspoon garlic powder
Salt and pepper to taste
1 small egg
¼ cup hot sauce
2 tablespoons of butter
- To get started, gather all your ingredients in one place and preheat the oven to 350F.
- Next, in a bowl, mix together the almond flour, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Coat the cauliflower with almond flour. It won’t stick too much but do it.
- Next, beat the egg and dip the cauliflower florets into the egg.
- Coat the cauliflower bites again with almond flour.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake the cauliflower for 25-30 minutes.
- Mix hot sauce and butter and simmer until butter is melted.
- Pour the sauce over the cauliflower and toss to coat.
- Serve these cauliflower “wings” hot with a dipping sauce of your choice.
Amount per serving:
Calories: 165Total fat: 14gSaturated fat: 4.6gCholesterol: 51mgSodium: 530 mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 3.2gSugar: 2.1gProtein: 5.6g